Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-11-21 Origin: Site
EVA and PVC are both a kind of plastic, and the products they make are very common in our life. In many cases, these two materials can also substitute for each other, so many people can't tell the difference between them. Today, let's briefly introduce what material EVA and PVC are, and which is better, EVA and PVC.
Characteristics of EVA:
The chemical name of EVA is ethylene - vinyl acetate copolymer, which is a kind of polymer, its molecular formula is (C2H4)x.(C4H6O2)y. It is inflammable and produces carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide after combustion. Good aging resistance, water resistance, ozone resistance and chemical stability.
The features of EVA are as follows:
1. Shock proof: EVA has resilience and high tension resistance, toughness is very good, so it is a very good shock proof and buffer material.
2. Water resistance and sound insulation: it is a closed bubble structure, will not absorb water, moisture-proof effect, sound insulation effect is also very good.
3. Thermal insulation: The bubble structure enables EVA to have good thermal insulation and thermal insulation performance.
4. Easy processing: EVA has no fixed joint, hot pressing, cutting, fitting processing is relatively easy.
5. Corrosion resistance: EVA itself is antibacterial, non-toxic and tasteless, and there is no pollution. It has good acid and alkali corrosion resistance.
Application: EVA material can be made of shoe material, film, wire and cable, toys, hot melt adhesive, EVA emulsion and other products.
Characteristics of PVC: The chemical name for PVC is polyvinyl chloride, which is a white powder with an amorphous structure that is less stable to light and heat, If often exposed to the sun, or at 100℃, will decompose and produce hydrogen chloride, will also cause discoloration, its mechanical properties will therefore decline. The service temperature is generally between -15 degrees and 55 degrees. When using PVC material, you need to add some stabilizer to it. Application: PVC is widely used in building materials, industrial products, daily necessities, floor tiles, artificial leather, floor leather, wire and cable, packaging film, plastic bottles, foam materials, fibers and other aspects of the application.
The characteristics of PVC:
1. It has good air tightness and impermeability, and its strength is also relatively high.
2. Light weight: PVC products such as pipe, relatively light quality, convenient loading and unloading.
3. Good insulation performance, PVC is often used in the production of wire and cable plastic sleeves.
4. Do not affect the water quality: through the test verification, PVC made pipes and fittings, will not affect the water quality, is the best pipe for tap water piping.
5. Good coloring, not only can show the natural color, but also can make a beautiful fantasy color, rich product appearance.
Both EVA and PVC can make soles. Take this as an example to see what the difference is between the soles they make.
1. The sole of EVA is light, soft and comfortable, the material is non-toxic and environmentally friendly, wear-resistant and durable, moisture-proof and odor-proof, and also has the effect of shock absorption and heat insulation. It is commonly used as the sole material of shoes. But EVA itself is slippery, so the shoes made need to be treated with anti-slip.
2. PVC sole anti-slip effect is good, the quality of shoes is also very soft, not easy to dust, but also easy to clean. The price is cheap, the plasticity is strong, the coloration is good, can make a variety of colors.
In addition, in the sole material, PHYLON is also a more popular material, it is a kind of secondary foaming bottom, white and fold surface, its biggest characteristic is light, good elasticity, and good shock performance, so commonly used to make sports shoes. PHYLON has many advantages, but also has disadvantages, is not easy to degrade.
Conclusion: Which is better, EVA or PVC?
PVC is one of the five commonly used plastics and has a wide range of applications. EVA is an environmentally friendly material with stronger tensile toughness than PVC. The film made is similar to PVC with slightly sticky feel. EVA soles are more comfortable to wear than PVC soles, but generally EVA is more expensive than PVC. In general, EVA and PVC have their own characteristics, and it is impossible to simply say which one is better than the other. In daily life, if you use two kinds of materials, you can choose according to your own needs.
Nanjing Haisi Extrusion supply extruder machine for EVA/PVC shoe sole material compounding and modification.
Any interest please feel free to contact us!