Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-04 Origin:Site
Thermoplastic rubber material (TPR) is a kind of thermoplastic rubber material. It is a thermoplastic soft rubber compound that has rubber elasticity, does not require vulcanization, and can be directly processed (such as injection molding, extrusion, blow molding, etc.). TPR material extruding machine is based on thermoplastic styrene-butadiene rubber (such as SBS, SEBS), and functional additives such as resin (such as PP, PS), fillers, plasticizers, etc. are added to blend modified materials. We will find more in this article.
The following knowledge points are listed below:
l The characteristics of TPR material
l The processing parameters of TPR material
l The application of TPR material
The color is transparent or white particles; the shape is particles, usually spherical particles, ellipsoidal particles and thin round bars, with bright surface and good reflection performance. Here are some basic characteristics of TPR material.
(1) Rubber has good resilience and wear resistance, excellent anti-slip performance and shock absorption performance. The softness and comfort of TPR material are better than rubber, but its tensile strength, fatigue resistance and mechanical properties are not as good as vulcanized rubber.
(2) The operating temperature range is -45~90°C. Generally speaking, TPR material is based on SBS, its chemical properties are as follows: weather resistance, aging resistance, temperature resistance 70~75°C. If aging resistance is required, materials with good performance should have temperature resistance, and modified materials of SEBS matrix can be selected.
(3) In terms of hardness characteristics, the hardness of TPR materials can be adjusted when the Shore hardness is 5 to 100 degrees, and the modified materials with SEBS as the matrix can be adjusted to a lower hardness.
(4) Processing characteristics, TPR material for two stage extruder has good bonding performance with certain glues, inks, etc., and has good inkjet screen printing processing performance.
(5) In terms of environmental protection characteristics, the TPR material is environmentally friendly soft rubber, and the main harmful substances such as plasticizer phthalate, nonylphenol NP, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are tested, which are in line with ROHS, REACH, EN71-3, ASTMF963 environmental protection testing standards.
Specific gravity 0.85~1.20, shrinkage rate 1.5~3%; baking material: some special products need to be processed before baking, it is recommended to heat 60~80°C for 2 hours; recommended injection temperature: SBS substrate 130~190°C; SEBS base material is 120~250°C. Due to the large adjustment space of hardness and physical properties of TPR material, the material processing temperature range is large, which can be used as a reference for TPR material suppliers. For the same material, the extrusion temperature of TPR material can be 30-40°C lower than the injection temperature. In addition to single injection molding and extrusion processing, TPR materials can also be double-molded or two-color injection molding, combined with hard plastic PP, ABS, PC, PC/ABS, PA, PS, PE, or composite with metal materials. . For different hard plastic secondary molding materials, TPR materials with different formulations and physical properties should be selected according to customer requirements.
TPR materials are widely used in daily necessities, adult products, hardware tools, luggage wheels, sports equipment, toy products, auto parts, medical products, wires and cables, electronic appliances, communication equipment, footwear products, etc. Among them, the shoe material and toy industries are mainly used in TPS of SBS substrate. SEBS-based modified materials are mainly used for aging resistance, weather resistance, high tensile strength and low hardness of material properties. Product application under Shore hardness (10 degrees).
So, after reading this article you may probably get some knowledge about TPR materials extruder with water ring.