Views:5 Author:Vera Publish Time: 2017-11-17 Origin:Site
1. Filling modification
By adding inorganic mineral (organic) powder to ordinary plastics, the rigidity, hardness, heat resistance and other properties of plastic materials can be improved. There are a wide range of fillers and their characteristics are extremely complex.
The role of plastic filler: improve the plastic processing performance, improve physical and chemical properties, increase volume, reduce costs.
Requirements for plastic additives:
(1) The Chemical property is inactive, inert, and no adverse reaction with resin and other additives;
(2) It does not affect the plastic resistance to water, chemical, weather, heat, etc.
(3) Do not reduce the physical properties of plastics;
(4) can be filled in large quantities;
(5) The relative density is small, the effect on the density of the product is little;
(6) The price is relatively low.
2. Reinforce modification
Measures: Add glass fiber, carbon fiber and other fibrous materials.
Effect: It can obviously improve the rigidity, strength, hardness and heat resistance of the material,
Adverse effects: May lead to poor surface and decrease of elongation at break.
(1) The reinforced material has high strength and modulus;
(2) Resin has many inherent good physical, chemical (corrosion resistance, insulation, radiation resistance, instantaneous high-temperature ablation, etc.) and processing performance;
(3) After the resin and the reinforcement material compound, reinforcing materials play a role in improving the mechanical or other properties of resins, and the resin can act as adhesion and load transfer to the reinforcing material, in this way the enhancement plastic have the fine performance.
3. Toughening modification
There are many material that are too brittle. Their toughness and low temperature performance can be increased by adding better toughness materials or ultra-fine inorganic materials.
Toughening agent is a kind of additive which is added into resin in order to reduce the brittleness of plastic after hardening and improve its impact strength and elongation.
Common toughening agents--most of them are maleic anhydride graft compatibilizer:
Ethylene-Vinyl acetate copolymer (EVA)
Polyolefin elastomer (POE)
Chlorinated polyethylene (CPE)
Acrylonitrile-butadiene Butadiene-styrene copolymer (ABS)
Styrene-Butadiene thermoplastic elastomer (SBS)
EPDM Rubber (EPDM)
4. Flame-retardant modification
Electronic appliances, automobiles and many other industries require that materials have flame-retardant, but many plastic raw materials themselves are less flame-retardant. Flame retardant can be improved by adding flame retardants.
Flame retardant is the most elements in the periodic table A (V P), VII A (BR, CL) and A (antimony, aluminum) compound elements..
Plastic Flame Retardant Grade:
Increase from HB,V-2,V-1,V-0,5VB to 5VA progressively.
5. Alloy Modification
Plastic alloy is the use of physical mixing or chemical grafting and copolymerization of two or more materials into a high-performance, functional, dedicated new material, to improve the performance of the material or possess two of the materials characteristics. It can improve the performance of plastics and reduce costs.
General plastic alloy: such as PVC, PE, PP, PS alloy are widely used, and the production technology has been widely mastered.
Engineering Plastic alloy: generally refers to the blending of engineering plastics (resins), mainly including PC, PBT, PA, POM (formaldehyde), PPO, PTFE (PTFE) and others as the main body blending system, as well as ABS resin modified materials.
The output of PC/ABS alloy grows at around 10% per year, and its growth rate is in the forefront of plastics. At present, the research of PC/ABS alloy has become a hotspot of polymer alloys.